This page is an informative section of the hReview specification.
The following implementations have been developed which either generate or parse hReviews. If you have an hReview implementation, feel free to add it to the top of the New Implementations list.
Please help evaluate New Implementations, note any problems inline as nested list items, and sort them alphabetically into the proper category below. Thanks!.
- hReview creator (feedback) on microformats.org
- Goodpic has written:
blogging and CMS tools
- Textpattern plug-in : pnh_mf is a plugin for Textpattern that supports embedding hReview and other microformats in templates and blog posts. Written by Chris Casciano.
Windows Live Writer
- hReview Dynamic Template is a template for use with the Dynamic Template plugin for Windows Live Writer. Implements a dialog for entering hReviews in posts to any Windows Live Writer supported blogging platform.
- hReview plugin for WordPress
- Another hReview plugin for WordPress. Works with the standard page/post editor so you can have multiple reviews in a single page/post.
- WP Movie Ratings is a WordPress plugin made by Paul Goscicki which lets you rate (and review) movies and publish those ratings as hReviews.
- WP Customer Reviews is a Wordpress plugin which lets customers leave testimonials and reviews of your business, service, or website. Reviews are in hReview format and also provides an hCard implementation for business details.
- Eigaseikatu, one of the largest movie community sites in Japan, provides hReview creator for movie review.
- Judysbook is a local reviews and deals site that has been using the hReview format since early 2005.
- Rvu is a Ning app that lets you write reviews of reviews and publishes them in hReview
search and discovery
- LouderVoice publishes and aggregates hReviews to/from blogs. All Search/Tag Results are also marked up with hReview.
- Microformat Base was an open-source PHP microformat aggregation crawler, recognizing hreview, hcalendar, and hcard.
- Was at http://randomchaos.com/microformats/base/ ; whcih, as at 2008-02-28, reads "Sorry, Microformat Base is currently shut down. I hope to some day complete a new and improved version."
- Revieworld CTO Ben Griffiths has announced that they have built support into Reevoo to aggregate reviews of products that are published on blogs using hReview (open source parser for Ruby)
- Scrugy is a wine information search engine and aggregator and is parsing hReviews found on wine-related web pages and RSS feeds. hCard and rel-tag microformats used within hReviews are also parsed.
conversion and import
- Calvin Yu has written a web service that will allow you plot and describe places on a Yahoo Map easily using hReview and Geo.
- Tails is a Firefox Extension that will display the presence of microformats (hCard, hCalendar, hReview, xFolk) on a webpage.
- Flocktails - port of Tails extension for Flock 0.5.12 that looks for hCards, hCalendar, xFolk and hReview and tosses them into a handy topbar
The following open source libraries and scripts have been developed and make it easier to support hReview.
- hReview creator (feedback) open source on microformats.org
- PHP, 5 Star Rating System (using hReview) (license: Creative Commons attribution share-alike 2.5, according to gr0w Web Site Use Terms and Conditions).
- Microformat Base is an open-source PHP microformat aggregation crawler, currently recognizing hreview, hcalendar, and hcard.
- Kritx.com used to index hReviews and other reviews on the Web.
- 2007-11-09 (as of). domain appears to have expired, then purchased by a spamdirectory
- http://brain.lionsden.com/ Leo Cerebellum Annotare notes that http://brain.lionsden.com/?p=229 ReviewZilla Alpha 2 includes MicroFormat hReview markup
- found 2006-01-31
- 2007-11-09 (as of). brain.lionsden.com not found.
- See Google Cache of http://brain.lionsden.com/2006/01/30/reviewzilla-alpha-2/ : ReviewZilla Alpha 2 includes MicroFormat hReview markup
- 2006-2008 http://kitchen.technorati.com/search Technorati Microformats Search indexes hCard, hCalendar, and hReview as announced by Tantek.
- hReview 0.4 (in progress)
- hReview-aggregate - microformat for specifying summary information from a collection of reviews about a product or service
- hReview creator (feedback) - create your own hReview.
- hReview authoring - learn how to add hReview mark-up to your existing contact info.
- hReview brainstorming - thoughts for improving hReview.
- hReview cheatsheet - hCard properties.
- hReview examples in the wild - an on-going list of websites which use hReview.
- hReview FAQ - If you have any questions about hReview, check here, and if you don't find answers, add your questions!
- hReview feedback - Feedback is encouraged!
- hReview implementations - websites or tools which either generate or parse hReviews.
- hReview issues - Please add any issues with the specification to the issues page.
- hReview parsing - Normatively details of how to parse hReviews.
- hReview profile - The XMDP profile for hReview.
- hReview tests - a wiki page with actual embedded hReviews to try parsing.
- hReview advocacy - encourage others to use hReview.
- review-brainstorming - where we brainstormed about review formats before coming up with hReview.
- currency - proposal for marking up amounts of money (e.g. prices of reviewed items).
- Aggregate reviews - examples - formats - brainstorming