So you want to implement microformats?
This page needs updating. See Get Started.
Microformats are designed to be similar to current markup styles. This means that it is quite possible that you won't have to do much work to produce microformats on your site.
- Do you publish events information on your site? Then mark those events up with hCalendar.
- Do you have people, or organisation,s and their contact information? Then mark those up with hCard.
- Do you publish waypoints, or other coordinates? Mark them up with Geo.
- Do you have an explicit copyright license on your content? Then mark up the link to your license with rel=license.
- Do you have social networking data? Then mark that up with XFN. Are you using tagging? Then use rel=tag or xFolk.
- Are you publishing lists? Then use XOXO.
- Do you publish reviews? Then use hReview.
- Do you publish feeds? Then use hAtom.
You see many common kinds of content can be marked up in microformats and chances are you already have some of them on your site. Start with the obvious ones.
Here are a few more tips: