Please add any microformats related events (specifically, events where there will be talks on microformats) you find here, and we'll add them to the hCalendar on the home page. Please also create a page for each specific event, where you can list URLs for the event, event details, create an "Attending" section, link to photos afterwards etc. (See Microformats panel at W3C Plenary Day for a decent example to mimic). Thanks! -Tantek
For presenations in particular, there's a separate wiki page.
- YYYY-MM-DD: [[events/YYYY-MM-DD-event-session-title Event Session Title]]
- YYYY-MM-DD - YYYY-MM-DD: [[events/YYYY-MM-DD-event-session-title Event Session Title]]
- 2006-08-17, 7:00-8:30PM: M. Jackson Wilkinson speaking on Microformats at Refresh DC in Washington, DC
- 2006-08-19, 10:00-10:40AM Brian Suda presents Microformats: Web of Data at Euro OS Con
- 2006-09-13 - 2006-09-14: Future of Web Apps - Microformats session
- 2006-09-29, 2:45-3:30PM John Allsopp speaking on Microformats at Web Directions in Sydney, Australia
- 2006-08-05 5-6pm: Microformats at WordCamp, Swedish American Hall, second room, San Francisco, CA. Discussion led by Tantek Çelik, demos by Bill Humphries (Kubrick theme with hAtom) and Erica Douglass (Countdown Plugin with hCalendar).
- 2006-08-03 4-5:30PM: Server-side Microformats Parsing and MFML at CommerceNet in Palo Alto
- 2006-07-27 8-9PM microformats BOF at O'Reilly OSCON, Location: Room D137-138 in the OCC.
- 2006-07-13: ICWE panel: "Web 2.0" Engineering with Tantek Çelik
- 2006-07-11: An Event Apart: Microformats
- 2006-07-10: 9am-12:30pm ICWE Tutorial on Microformats by Ryan King @ SLAC
- 2006-06-21: Supernova 2006 Decentralizing Data workshop
- 2006-06-20: Microformats.org one year anniversary!
- 2006-06-15 - 2006-06-16: @media conference - microformats session
- 2006-06-13: Where 2.0 Microformats BOF II - developing a directions microformat.
- 2006-06-10: BarCampParis
- 2006-03-01: Microformats panel at W3C Plenary Day
- 2006-03-02: Semantic Web Interest Group meeting at W3C Technical Plenary, specifically, 1.30-3.30pm Dan Connolly on using "GRDDL" to parse microformats
- 2006-03-07: Microformats at O'Reilly ETech
- 2006-03-13: Microformats at SXSW Interactive
- 2006-03-14: Convincing Your Company to Embrace Web Standards at SxSW Interactive
- 2006-03-20: Mix06 Keynote with Tim O'Reilly and Bill Gates discussing microformats
- 2006-03-21: Mix06 Microformats session discussions
- 2006-03-22: Mix06 Microformats session discussions
- 2006-04-23 - 2006-04-24 CM Pros Summit Nate Aune will be presenting a talk "Microformats and the Future of Syndication" from 16:30-17:30 at the Sheraton Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
- 2006-05-16 - 2006-05-19: XTech 2006 Conference
- 2006-05-22: Refresh Edinburgh Introducing microformats into your website, May 22nd 8pm-9pm.
- 2006-05-23 - 2006-05-26: www2006
- 2006-05-23: WWE 2006 | 3rd Annual Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem - call for papers is now open, and explicitly includes "microformats".
- All day: "Microformats: a Pragmatic Path to the Semantic Web" poster (Poster ID 116, by Rohit Khare and Tantek Çelik) presentation at Strathblane Hall on Level 0 opposite the main entrance.
- 14:00-15:30: Brian Suda will be presenting a microformats demo (Microformats, converting XHTML to vCards and vCalendars) in the NextWave developer track session. More information about the presentation is available at events/www2006.
- 2006-05-25 10:30-13:30: Molly E. Holzschlag will be presenting a half-day "Practical Microformats" developer tutorial.
- 2006-06-08 Microformats. Dimitri Glazkov talks about microformats at IPSA monthly meeting.
Quicktime Broadcaster Notes
For setting up a mac laptop with an iSight and QT Broadcaster in order to publish live audio/video from events.
- Make sure you have the necessary equipment and software installed
- Get a broadcast template document from someone (see KevinMarks for example)
- Open that, then change the info in the 'Network' pane that has his name etc in it.
- Check the video and audio panes are using your iSight
- Another tip is that the standalone thingy for the iSight can be more useful than the screen-top one if you have a desk, as that way it picks up less typing noise and wobbles
- I find plugging in headphones is a good idea, as you can then monitor and not get howlround