Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 24 Ways: Styling hCards with CSS The 24 Ways article for December 14 is John Alsopp's article on styling hCard using CSS (2006-12-14).
- Accessify.com announce HTML Mastery a new book by Paul Haine, with a chapter on microformats (2006-11-27).
- .Net magazine (UK), cover date December 2006, has tutorial on microformats, by Rachel Andrew (tutorial not available on-line)
- MacPeople, a paper magazine about Macintosh in Japan, contained an article about microformats on its 12/2006 issue, written by Nobuyuki Hayashi.
- Cover story in iX 11/2006 p. 62-65: Mehrwert-Markup (German: additional value markup)
- INFOWORLD TECH WATCH: "Bloggers speak out on IE 7" - published: October 20, 2006. Mention/discussion of microformats by Tantek Çelik and Kristopher Tate.
- Practical Web Design, October 2006 issue, "Microformats" article by Rachel Andrews
- W3C Press Release GRDDL Spec
- The Big Picture on microformats - who's doing what with microformats right now - by John Allsopp - Published August 28th, 2006.
- Add microformats magic to your site by John Allsopp - Published August 25th, 2006.
- Knowledge at Wharton: Tantek Çelik and Rohit Khare: The Progress and the Promise of Microformats - Published: July 20, 2006
- Microformats, PHP and hKit, from devzone.zend.com, a PHP developer resource, 28th June.
- Building a more semantic web with microformats, from Mercurytide, 20th June.
- DevSource: An Developer's Introduction to Microformats by Phil Haack, May 11.
- See also Phil Haack's blog post about the article.
- (need to backfill these - there were a bunch and I think we simply forgot to add them in)
- Web Designing, a popular paper magazine for web industry in Japan, contained an article about microformats on its 03/2006 issue.
- Release 1.0 / Ideas / New Ideas that Matter: Time as a social object, February 16. Video interviews composite, including a bit on microformats.
- SXSW 2006 Web Awards Finalists, February 3rd. microformats.org is a finalist in the "Technical Achievement" category for "the sites that are re-inventing and re-defining the technical parameters of our online experience".
- Google Web Authoring Statistics, January 20
- The home page of the study "Web Authoring Statistics" itself both mentions “microformats.org” and links to http://microformats.org .
- The "Page Headers” page notes that the XFN microformat is the most popular HTML metadata profile: “…people do use the profile attribute, though. The three most-often used values are http://gmpg.org/xfn/1, http://dublincore.org/documents/dcq-html/, and http://gmpg.org/xfn/11. This makes XFN the most popular HTML metadata profile!”
- The “a element” page found that three of the most popular ‘rel’ attribute values were microformats: #1 rel="nofollow", #2 rel="license", #5 rel="tag".
- Philoneist: Interview With Technorati Marketing Director Derek Gordon by Jonathan G. Cohen, January 11
- #2 on the list of Best Web 2.0 Blogs, January 2
- Publish: Year in Review: CSS, Standards, Microformats and Flash, By Stephen Bryant, December 21
- Newswire: Structured Blogging to support microformats, December 13th
- Linux Journal: Syndication and the Live Web Economy, By Doc Searls, December 9
- ACM Queue: A Conversation with Ray Ozzie, ACM Queue vol. 3, no. 9 - November 2005
- Digital Web Magazine: Microformats Primer by Garrett Dimon, November 14, 2005
- Channel 9: Interview at PDC - Robert Scoble interviews Tantek Çelik briefly on web standards, IE, and microformats.
- ACM News Service - Volume 7, Issue 819: Friday, July 22, 2005
- Linux Journal: SuitWatch -- July 21 -- by Doc Searls, Senior Editor of Linux Journal: Making More Sense of the Web
- Knowledge at Wharton: Supernova 2005: It's a Whole New, Connected World: What's the Next Big Thing on the Web? It May Be a Small, Simple Thing -- Microformats
- Simplified Chinese: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&languageid=4>
- Traditional Chinese: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&l=4&languageid=5>
- Original english version: <http://knowledge2.wharton.com.cn//index.cfm?fa=article&articleid=1203&specialid=58&languageid=1>
- CNET News.com: Supernova 2005 blogcast - David Weinberger interviews Tantek Çelik and Rohit Khare about microformats and microformats.org.
- Golem: microformats.org - Formate für Menschen und Maschinen (German: microformats.org - Formats for humans and machines)