Jump to navigation Jump to search
microformats pocket cheat sheet feedback
Issues, feedback, suggested improvements for the microformats pocket cheat sheet.
- Problems with the PDF: I was unable to copy or export the text content of the PDF using either Preview or Acrobat Professional 8. In the case of copying from Acrobat, I ended up with a bunch of garbled text; in the case of Preview, I ended up with an empty document. I'm working on creating a text-friendly version of this document. -- Chris Messina
- Better SEO for cheat sheet resource URL
- instead of: http://erincaton.ca/media/cheatsheetHandout.pdf
- how about: http://erincaton.ca/media/microformats-pocket-cheat-sheet.pdf (better findability with keywords in URL, dash separated, all lowercase, no camelcase)
- At the bottom of the back page, add another line of text after the credits/copyright/licensing:
- " download and print your own: http://erincaton.ca/media/microformats-pocket-cheat-sheet.pdf "
- this way, if you are short on pocket cheat sheets, you can give one out to each "group" you are with and have them download/print more for their folks.
- Archival URLs for dated versions
- Keep archived versions of it suffixed with -YYYYMMDD (same as the rev: text on the back bottom right),
- e.g.: http://erincaton.ca/media/microformats-pocket-cheat-sheet-20070524.pdf
- hAtom 0.1 Properties section improvements
- note "updated" is required unless implied by "published" property
- use rel="enclosure" for attachments
- Provide an A4 version for European users
- Ensure that printing is black, not grey, with monochrome printers
- Include Geo
- If space allows, a postage stamp (1.5x1.5cm) 2d_barcodes graphic could be included.
Return to the pocket-cheat-sheet.