This is a page for tracking the effort to develop means for authors and publishers to share information about stamps.
Per the microformats The microformats process:
- Start by gathering stamp-examples.
- Document existing stamp-formats standardization efforts.
Philatelists are always looking to complete their postage stamps collections. Postage Stamps are always published using a standard model and may include various types of information.
How could we use this data ?
- Bilel Hawari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Examples of desired behaviors
Once properly structured, details that identify the stamp allow browser, applications or websites to produce richer interactions. For example, specific searches may be performed for stamp's subject or collection details via general search services such as Google and Wikipedia.
Examples of stamps on the web
This section should be moved stamp-examples.
Maltpost 2010 Series
TBD. There needs to be research done on existing/previous stamp publishing formats efforts.
This section should be moved stamp-brainstorming.
A stamp schema could consist of the following properties:
- hstamp - tentative root class name
- fn. required. text. the title of the stamp.
- description. . optional. text. [experimental]
- country. . required. text. [experimental]
- face-value and currency. required. numeric. [experimental]
- photo. optional. using any element containing a URL, such as IMG. [experimental]
- designer. optional. 1 or more. [experimental]
- issue-date and year. optional. [experimental]
- size and unit. optional. [experimental]
- catalog-name and catalog-id. optional. [experimental]
A stamp can be encoded as follows:
<div class="hstamp"> <h1 class="fn">Freedom Revolution</h1> <p class="description"> Immortalizing the People's Revolution </p> <p> <img class="photo" src="http://www.tunisia-stamps.tn/gdata/2011/t1895.jpg" width="175" height="245" alt="Freedom Revolution"> </p> <p>Country : <span class="country">Tunisia</span> </p> <p>Face value: <span class="face-value">1,350</span> <span class="currency">Dinar</span> <p/> <p>Issue Year: <span class="year">2011</span> </p> <p>Issue Date: <abbr class="issue-date" title="2011-03-25">March 25, 2011</abbr> <p> <p>Size: <span class="size">37 x 52</span> <span class="unit">mm</span> </p> <p>Designer: <span class="designer">Abdelmajid AYED</span> </p> <p> <ul> <li>Catalog Name: <span class="catalog-name">Immortalizing the People's Revolution</span></li> <li>Catalog number: <span class="catalog-id">1895</span></li> </ul> </p> </div>
Some other philatelic details could be added to this model like stamp's condition (New / obliterated). Designer identity would be well presented using hCard 1.0 Microformat.