This Week in Microformats - Week Beginning March 31th 2008
‘This Week in Microformats’ is a weekly summary of notable microformats activity from mailing lists, wiki, events and the wider web. It gets posted to the Microformats.org Blog on Sundays. Please add contributions to the headings below. (See the original This Week in Microformats posts for guidance on formatting; This Week #1, This Week #2.)
On the Wiki
Developments on uf-new
On the web
- Related to the Yahoo deployment of hListing:
- Toluu apparently supports importing hCards - this needs some investigation, and incorporation into social-network-portability.
- SGFooCamp recordings re: microformats topics - see Jeremy's post
- Jeremy talked about the password anti-pattern.
- Leslie talks about the challenges of User Interface design, especially with respect to social-network-portability, and discusses what a user should or should not need to know about OpenID, and Satisfaction's hCard 1.0 implementation.
- Tantek talks about the origins of XFN - The XHTML Friends Network, hCard 1.0, and hCalendar 1.0 as well as the need to focus on benefitting the user with improvements in User Interface.
- Microformats: Inbound Marketing for Computers! - a nice intro blog post with good examples.
- SemanticReport interviews Steve Ganz of LinkedIn about the upper and lower-case semantic web and their use of microformats (XFN, hCard, hResume, hCalendar, and hReview.)
- MicroReviews is taking Twitter posts and marking them up with hReview 0.4 (in progress). Each post is also marked up with hAtom 0.1 to give feeds for every page.
Including Microformats events.
- 20080401 San Diego Web Standards Group launch with focus including microformats
- 20080627 Microformats vEvent during London Web Week
- Open Web Vancouver 2008 - Apr/14+15 @ Canada Place, Microformats talks include: Microformats and Distributed Social Networks by Chris Messina, Microformats with Ryan King and more