Work of Art Examples
This page documents examples on html markup of work of art information on the web.
Current practice for the xhtml presentation of works of art is characterized by extensive use of non-semantic presentational markup. There is little consensus on HTML tags or class names (when class names are used). See the following list of museum artwork information pages. View source for markup examples.
- Abend Gallery
- Camera Obscura Gallery
- The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH (approx. 43,000 works of art in 19 collections)
- Guggenheim Collection
- The Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, Kansas City, MO (a collection of appox. 1,000 works of art)
- Havu Gallery
- Library of Congress American Memory Project
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Gallery of Victoria Example for possible integration other microformats?
- Nelson-Atkins Museums of Art, Kansas City, MO (over 33,500 works of art in 13 collections)
- Peabody Essex Museum
- SFMoMA (provides metadata using meta tags in head)
- State of Flux currently uses hCalendar for events
- UCLA Hammer Museum
- The Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, MN (collections also available on ArtsConnectEd)
- Yale Art Gallery