[microformats-discuss] Proposing RelSource

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:45:58 PDT 2005

Good points Bud.

On 7/12/05 7:55 AM, "Bud Gibson" <bud at thecommunityengine.com> wrote:

> Does this really clear up who is an original source or not?  It just
> shows you are citing someone else.  They could be original or not.

There is also the question of whether you can actually tell when blogging
what someone else (even a PR News etc. source) said, whether  they are the
original source or not.

> Also, it does not help with the citation chain.  For instance, you
> may be citing an original source that you found out about through
> some other cite.  I personally almost never do that, but others do.

I see lots of examples of citation chains on blogs.

So yes, rel="cite" does not solve the citation chain problem.

Since these examples of citation chains on blogs are typically ordered, e.g.

 c via b via a

It may make sense to use an ordered list.

Then the only question remains as to how to represent that the list is a
chain.

> Just 2 cents.

I'll take that kind of cents anytime.

Tantek