[microformats-discuss] Proposing RelSource

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:59:11 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
<< snip >>
> I see lots of examples of citation chains on blogs.
> So yes, rel="cite" does not solve the citation chain problem.
> Since these examples of citation chains on blogs are typically ordered, e.g.
>  c via b via a
> It may make sense to use an ordered list.
> Then the only question remains as to how to represent that the list is a
> chain.

Citing one's reference's references may be strictly proper to some
minds but to me it seems an undue burden on the author. With wide
acceptance, the practice of citing one degree of reference will
provide sufficient interlinking to enable a spider to infer a
reasonably accurate citation chain.

Trying to squash an Ad Infinitum between two pennies,
Andy