[microformats-discuss] microformats for various types of media?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Jul 13 13:00:36 PDT 2005

Ryan King wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2005, at 10:43 AM, Dougal Campbell wrote:
>
>> Now for something a little more frivolous. Is anyone else  interested
>> in a microformat for marking up information about music  tracks?
>

> Yes. Not frivolous. I think there's been some brainstorming on this
> already: http://microformats.org/wiki/media-metadata-examples
>
> I know Kevin Marks is really interested in this.

Well heck. I promise I *did* search the Wiki previously, but somehow, I
didn't turn that page up. I must have been in too much of a hurry and
made my search terms too narrow (e.g., I know I searched for things like
"mp3" and "playlist").

>> On a related note, microformats for books and movies would also be
>> interesting. A site like All Consuming would be able to aggregate
>> this type of data in interesting ways.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. What data about the book or movie?

Title, author, director, ISBN/ASIN, publisher, genre, rating, length,
pages, release date, etc. Note that I'm thinking in more general terms
about media, not only of electronic media, as the media-metadata page is
oriented at this time.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/