[microformats-discuss] Presentation material

Dimitri Glazkov dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 05:11:48 PDT 2005

On 7/15/05, Bud Gibson <bud at thecommunityengine.com> wrote:

> this depends a lot on what you think the audience will want.  I
> looked at the program and note you are in the marketing track.

Yeah, it's confusing, but this workshop is actually for nitty-gritty
Web developers, not marketing folk. This workshop is the last-minute
addition to the program -- it replaces a marketing session that was
cancelled.

I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to preach. That's also why it
is the only free workshop in the program.

> What do microformats have to do with marketing?
>
> 1.  Meme spreading via reblogging
> 2.  Vertical search aggregation via tagging
> 3.  Search visibility via tagging
>
> That's the super summary version.  Are you at UAB?  I go to
> Huntsville all the time these days.

I still like the points that you mentioned, even for the non-marketing
folk. Probably need to shift the focus a bit, but I can use this.

No, UAB is just one of my company's clients. I used to be the UAB
Webmaster for about 5 years, but then the greener pastures (what's up
with this farm talk? first cowpaths, now the pastures) of dot-coms
lured me away.

:DG<