[uf-discuss] Microformats vs XML

Steven Livingstone connect at stevenR2.com
Thu Apr 27 04:48:24 PDT 2006

We may just be seeing this differently Karl, it's topical because it's all
about data formats (sure RDF can be much more). But maybe this is not the
place :)

> Unrelated.
I can't see why. The fundamental point is about ease of usage, not
technologies.

> You could compare an
I agree. But a Microformat is what it is. You are unlikely to have an
application of hCard creating a new standard. Hence the simplicity.

I agree. Context is the key. I'm not arguing anything else. Hence why I do
also like standards.

> Web 2.0 is a marketing
Yes I know. But the first thing non-techhies will ask it what is it really
useful for and marketing it is the key. Web 2.0 seems to have worked
somewhat.

This could be recursive, but I do understand your viewpoint and think we are
maybe talking about different aspects of the same thing.

Steven
http://stevenR2.com