[uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:38:26 PST 2006

Ryan King wrote:
> > How can I disambiguate when two Microformats collide?
> > Let me give a concrete example (one I will be working
> > on in the future):
>
> First profile wins. This had previously been clarified in
> HTML5, until Hixie decided to remove the profile attribute
> from HTML5.

Please tell me if I misunderstand, but I think that clearly identifies the
problem I've been trying to address: naming clashes on a scare resource.  If
what I think you said is correct, that would require someone to use one or
the other, but not both. That approach to web architecture is clearly not
acceptable, don't you agree?

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/