[uf-discuss] plays, skits & scripts

Greg Elin greg at fotonotes.net
Tue Jan 31 09:39:42 PST 2006

I use to stage manage in the theater. One of the responsibility of
the stage manager was recording blocking of the actors, such as "X-
downstage" and "Pickup Book". These details were written into the
script as were light and sound cues.

It is probably worth pointing out there has been a variety of attempt
to come up with notations for recording choreography.  You'd think a
video tape of a dance might be enough, but in fact, a video leaves
out many details of weighting, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labanotation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benesh_movement_notation

I'm not sure what can be done with all this in microformats. I think
I wanted to point out that performing arts involves movement, light,
and sound, and not just language.

Greg Elin