[uf-discuss] testing results - was hcard question

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:02:25 PDT 2006

> We currently ignore children of DEL elements, you could make an
> argument that if you are hiding it and don't want people to see it, then
> we should honor that and not transform it... HTML comments are hidden
> and ignored... so maybe other hidden content should be as well?
>
> Just food for thought.
> -brian

Would this method effect hCards that have been intentionally hidden?
On my homepage, I have hidden hCards in my footers, which I'm sort of
currently using as a kind of digital signature, as I'm not ready to
display them (waiting for when I get around to a redesign).   I know
I'm not the only one who hides information.

Also, I recently implemented a hCard on a clients page.  They only
wanted to visually show the company name on the page, but I chose to
also hide the actual owners name in the card - so that when extracted,
it would have a valid contact fn aswell.  This would also be a
problem, I assume?

I may be grabbing the wrong end of the stick, mind you.

--
Frances Berriman
http://www.fberriman.com