[uf-discuss] all day events

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 07:18:57 PDT 2006

Michael MD wrote:
>> Thanks for informing me of the eventual decision - it is appreciated.
>> I'm glad you've gone for the shortened version too.
>>

> what was the decision? ... missed it....

--- There wasn't much of a "decision", but more of a best-practices.
Previously X2V was padding all dates with a time. If you look through
the RFC there are a few examples where the start date is simply just a
date (20060613), but X2V was converting that to 20060613T000000, which
isn't incorrect.

I have started to refactor the code and in doing so i am trying to
minimize the number of "assumptions" i am making. So padding the date
unnecessarily is something that got cut-out. If the hCalendar owner
wanted the time padded, then they can put that in their code themselves
otherwise if the data is valid, it should be kept the way the author
intended.

-brian