[uf-discuss] hCard Check

Tim White tjameswhite at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 11:30:48 PDT 2006

A couple of weeks ago you all helped me out with marking up an hCard for an organization. I've gone with [*]:

   <abbr title="California" class="region">CA</abbr>

Another possibility was to mark up Apprenticeship Training Center as an organization unit:

However, Brian expressed a caveat:

"Neither the apple address book nor the windows address book have
street-address, extended-address, or POBox broken out to their own
fields, so you might just want to experiment what happens to
'extended-address' on an import and please document it on the wiki[2]

[2] - http://microformats.org/wiki/vcard-implementations"

I just checked into it, but before I update anything on the implementations page, I'd like some other verification.

I've got Outlook 2000 and It imports the "extended-address" version just fine. However, if I changed the markup to "organization-unit" Outlook does not grab that part of the address.

I've placed the two test cases online:
http://www.sprinklerfitters483.org/extended-address.htm
http://www.sprinklerfitters483.org/organization-unit.htm

Please take a look and let us know the results.

~ Tim White
tjameswhite.com

PS: I've also added the organization example to the wiki:
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples#References_to_People_and_Organizations

* http://www.sprinklerfitters483.org/apprenticeship/index.htm