[uf-discuss] Species: where now

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Oct 5 11:27:49 PDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> What's next?

Just keep working through the process: that is, if you're comfortable
with the examples you've accumlated about how species is used on the
web, brainstorm (which I see you've done), throw together a strawman
uF, then say "this should be an offical microformat proposal".

Then expect it to revised. It will be, over and over.

An aside:

My concern with what you've done so far is that you're carving out a
fairly large amount of namespace for a fairly niche application (yes,
what isn't outside of its domain). "class", for example, is already
used in vCard and current policy is one-name one-meaning.

Even though there's a policy of avoiding namespacing, we ended up
doing that to a small degree in hAtom with entry-summary, entry-title
and entry-content because the "deep meaning" of those items were so
tied up into the particular problem domain.

Regards, etc...
David