[uf-discuss] species questions; process: examples questions

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 12:01:39 PDT 2006

> This is catered for, in the current proposal, thus:

>            <abbr class="binominal" title="Solanum tuberosum">
>                 Maris Piper
>            </abbr>

Allow me to simplify my earlier post.  My main concern is that none of
the examples (that I've looked through so far), with the exception of
Andy's site, use any markup that looks anything like this.  *-examples
pages contain analyses of the markup from those examples.  This work
then informed the proposals which followed.  The resulting format
clearly reflects the behaviour of existing practices.  As far as I can
tell, the current strawman proposal doesn't seem to reflect existing
publishing practices.

How does the proposal reflect existing publishing behaviour?
Where is the analysis for many of the examples' markup?
Where is the list of common publishing behaviours?

Ben