[uf-discuss] species questions; process: examples questions

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Mon Oct 23 01:12:56 PDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> >> What do you mean by "authoring practices"?
> >> What do you mean by "the structure of the markup"?
> >
> >I don't know how to be any more clear.
>
> I find it odd that you decline to answer such straightforward questions
> (and others in my same post, which you haven't quoted), especially when
> they come in response too your having written:
>
>         >Surely we can begin communicating better.

Andy, I don't want to get in the middle of a disagreement, but I think
that part of Ben's issue is that the terms you're asking about are
fairly self explanatory, or at least appear to be to him.

"Authoring practices" are the current practices and conventions used
by people authoring content.

"The structure of the markup" is the syntactic structure of pages
marked up with (X)HTML.

-Ciaran McNulty