[uf-discuss] Value subproperty - only appliesto non-structuredproperties, right?

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:46:10 PST 2006

On 10/29/06, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:
> I "think" that the answer is this: "value" only applies to "leaf
> properties".  "fn" is a leaf property, "n" is not.  That is, "fn"
> doesn't have child properties, whereas "n" has child properties
> (given-name, family-name, etc).
>
> So, is this the rule for "value" evaluation:
>
> A "value" subproperty applies to the first ancestor leaf property (or
> "properties", if there are leaf properties at the same level in the
> ancestor tree).
>
> Is that the rule?

um, i think so. I'll have to think about what that exactly says
because i'm not sure that is valid in ALL cases. For instance:

Is valid, but you could also have:
class="value">123.456.7890</span></span>

TEL (and ADR to a lesser extent) have a structure of TYPE/VALUE, but
since TYPE is optional then value becomes optional when TYPE is not
present. So there is an instance where TEL would be a "leaf property"
in some cases, but not all.

But over all, i think you are on the right track on defining
when/where class="value" applies.

-brian

--
brian suda