[uf-discuss] Avoiding duplicate data on one page; and same-page URL references.

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 09:28:21 PDT 2006

Consider the 9 December 2007 event on :

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/diary/2007/12.htm

and the same event on:

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/birmingham/field2007.htm

(that's the example furthest into the future, so last to "expire", that
I can offer. Apologies to anyone reading the archives in 2008!).

In the latter case, I've had to remove a couple of table columns, so
that the data is not needlessly repeated on each line, and so that there
isn't a link from that page, to itself.

That means that hCalendars for the two entries are not identical.

I feel that there should be some way to declare, at the start of the
page, that all the events have the summary "WMBC Birmingham Branch field
trip" and use the URL of that page - all data which is available to
visitors to the latter page, albeit not once for each event.

I have in mind some kind of "meta-summary" and "meta-URL" tags.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The same dilemma applies to the "organisation for all the contacts on,
say:

        http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/club/executive.htm

--
Andy Mabbett