[uf-discuss] 'currency' microformat straw-man proposal.

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:24:05 PDT 2006

Hello Andy,

On 9/20/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <C1370354.7B574%tantek at cs.stanford.edu>, Tantek Çelik
> <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> writes
>
> >I see that you documented some examples on the "currency" page on the
> >wiki.
> >
> >Others have mentioned existing currency formats on this thread.
> >
> >Could you please create the following pages and fill them out?
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/currency-examples
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/currency-formats
> >
> >Per the process, researching and documenting *-examples and *-formats
> >are a required prerequisite before bothering to discuss any
> >brainstorming or proposals.
> >
> >Otherwise the discussions of brainstorming will tend to reflect bias
> >and matters of taste rather than actual market/development
> >requirements.
>
> I find your tone objectionable; and your claims fallacious.

I know what you mean, because I have had similar reactions.

But, I've tried to keep one thing in mind (and give him the benefit of
the doubt and not that)... in e-mail, people always tend to seem rude.

Just my opinion... I don't think Tantek means anything by it.  (I.e.,
I don't think he's trying to be insulting.  That's just how he
writes.)

I know personally... for myself... that people who don't know me well
think I'm being an a$$hole when I talk... even though I don't mean it
that way.  I'm just very very blunt.  But some people interpret it in
ways that I don't mean.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.