[uf-discuss] Citation and alternates-brainstorming

Angus McIntyre angus at pobox.com
Thu Dec 13 11:40:32 PST 2007

On Thu, December 13, 2007 12:44 pm, Robert O'Rourke wrote:
> Perhaps in the case of a podcast or video blog you could tell your
> feed-reader what format you prefer and it would grab the right file.
> That's one possibility but I don't know of anyone who does
> podcasts/video blogs in multiple formats.

We do, 'we' being my $DAYJOB at http://blip.tv/.

I've actually been following this thread with interest because our pages
currently contain a list of the alternate formats available for any given
post. Some of our show creators make their episodes available in five or
six different formats. Take a look, for example, at:

   http://blip.tv/file/509978/

In the bottom-right of that page you'll see a list of the different
formats available for download. Unless I'm misreading what 'alternates' is
supposed to be, that's a real-world example where it could be applied and
- because we're microformats enthusiasts - certainly would be.

Angus