[uf-discuss] CSS archive

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:43:13 PST 2007

On 14/12/2007, Joshua Gay <joshuagay at gmail.com> wrote:
> First time here. Hope this is on-topic! Sorry if it is not :-)
>
> ##Short version
>
> I was thinking that it would be nice to have a page on the Wiki that
> collects CSS templates for creating and displaying microformats.

Hi.

Well, just to throw an alternative view on this - I might be concerned
that supplying CSS templates for microformats might lead people to
believe that microformats *must* be written in a very specific
way/order.

I think you could do this, but with the clear explanation that the
mark-up that goes with the CSS (since you'd have to make certain
assumptions*) is simply a suggested way of marking up that piece of
information.  Pitching it more in a way of "these are some ready to go
snippets and styles to get you started".

Does that make sense?

(* ...  to make anything particularly pretty for a more complex
example like hReview  - I guess stuff like making XFN links look a
certain way would be easier)

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com