[uf-discuss] Specifying a contact person for an org in hCard

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:54:27 PDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Brian Middleton <brian_middleton at csnw.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to make an hCard that is specified as an organization
> have a person listed as a contact? I see in Apple's Address Book
> application that you can have a entry marked as a company and have
> the contact person's name right underneath the company name. How
> would that be formatted with hCard?
>
> I tried labeling the organization with an 'fn' and the person's name
> with an 'n', but that made the person's name as the display name for
> the card and it didn't label it as an organization. I want the card
> to be marked as an organization.

--- i think you are pretty close, here is how the apple address book exports it:
X-ABShowAs:COMPANY
N:suda;brian;;;
FN:FooBar Ltd
ORG:FooBar Ltd;

So the FN == ORG, but they also put a proprietary X-ABShowAs which is
not part of the vCard spec. Can anyone else confirm how Outlook or
other PIMs would import/export similar situations?

-brian

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk