[uf-discuss] microformats for normal people, like my mum

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:18:09 PDT 2007

On 28 Jun 2007, at 15:59, Thom Shannon wrote:
> yes, it's a "thing", it's different. FF3 can't just add any address
> you see to your address book, its a specific kind of address that
> just looks the same, and you need a browser or plugin or something
> that understands that specific "thing"
>
> So whats the thing called, micro-what? or "Resuable Data" (with the
> MF icon!)

I'm still not sure there's anything there that can't be served with
the term ‘rich web page’ or ‘semantic web page’ — two terms already
in use. What is the semantic way to mark up a business card? hCard.

If some reference to the page specifics is required in documentation
somehow, does ‘microformatted content’ or ‘microformatted web page’
not suffice?

Ben