[uf-discuss] hResume question

Steve Ganz steve at ganz.name
Mon May 28 10:10:05 PDT 2007

On Friday, May 25, 2007 10:54 AM, Andrew Jaswa wrote

> The draft says to use the include pattern to include your
> formatted name (so you don't have to repeat it in the
> markup). Where I think this goes awry is the end result of
> including your "fn" into hCards that have past contact
> information that can be taken out of context.
> It doesn't make sense to me anyway I look at it.

> If there is a good reason for that could some one explain it
> and maybe put it in the Wiki? Like I said I've read though
> the documentation and I can't find one.

Hinted at in the initial resume brainstorming sessions[1], I believe the
idea was that an hCard would be analogous to a business card for each
position that you held in an experience. At the very core, it is used to
markup the "title" for that position and "title" is a vcard field. So in the
spirit of reuse[2], it was logical to use hCard for that purpose.

1.
http://microformats.org/wiki/resume-brainstorming#hCard_reference_via_object
2. http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats#the_microformats_principles

- Steve Ganz