[uf-discuss] multiple hCards on a user's profile page - how can I mark one as the actual user?

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 12:05:30 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 17:22 +0100, Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Also perhaps relevant is the page I threw together over the weekend
> on mapping XFN to FOAF, which covers more than just FOAF really:
> it's
> a general purpose guide on how to interpret the interactions between
> different hCards and XFN on the same page.
[...]
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/xfn-to-foaf
[...]

Nicely timed Toby :)

I have a new test going on my Dev site that does just about what you
suggest and  converts XFN+hCard via XSLT to produce a FoaF file called
for want of a word xFoaF. it Is very much inspired by Dan Connolly's
grokXFN.xsl

you can take a peek at http://dev.weborganics.co.uk/

example output using http://www.tantek.com/#hcard as the transformation
source:

Foaf explorer View
http://tinyurl.com/496dr5

RDF view
http://tinyurl.com/48w43d

Validated Triples
http://tinyurl.com/4s269f

The entire source code PHP and XSLT is also available for download on
the dev site.

to answer the question "multiple hCards on a user's profile page - how
can I mark one as the actual user?" I would mark up just one hcard
containing rel="me" which would represent the actual user and the rest
with rel="contact" or whatever XFN value is suitable.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy