[uf-discuss] hcalendar disjointed Event Information formatting

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:53:52 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Aaron<aaron.flax at peopletomysite.com> wrote:
> I have marked up this page
> (http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/home/sports-and-events/22nd-arnold-clas
> sic.html) to use the include class due to having the event's information
> scattered a few different places on the page.  I'm having issues w/ certain
> Microformat readers not properly identifying the include class to bring the
> information together.

--- can you give a list of what you are testing with? some parsers use
the include pattern, some don´t. Some 'replace' the node with
class="include", so make it a child. Knowing what you have tested and
what works and what doesn't could better identify the problem.

Also, some of your data links are missing the # reference, so this
might also by why it isn´t working
<object class="include" data="arnold-classic-finals"></object>

> Also in hcalendar what is the proper use of the category class and the
> rel="tag"?  Can't seem to find a clear description of these.

--- if there is a class="category" (singular) w/o rel-tag, then it
will take the text value. If there is ALSO a rel-tag then it should
take the last portion of the URL.

-brian

--
brian suda