[uf-discuss] Concerning the Technorati pipes

Tantek Celik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 16 17:55:38 PDT 2009

Apologies for the top post.

1. TR Ops contacted, no ETA. I've contacted the folks in Technorati Ops who maintain the X2V services and they are aware of the problem and it's on their list of post-relaunch things to fix. No ETA.

2. H2VX. I've been thinking for a while that we need more than one production open conversion service and thus just picked up h2vx.com (not setup yet) to host another deploy of Brian Suda's excellent open source X2V XSLT files for generating vcf and ics (at least for now, I can add rss and atom converters for hAtom later, perhaps when the spec has been updated with required value class pattern date time support per: http://microformats.org/wiki/value-class-pattern#hAtom_updated_implied_date )

3. X2V setup docs. I'm taking notes on this set up of X2V onto a new server, and in the interest of helping/encouraging others to host their own, either for their own content or as open web service, am documenting my notes here:
http://microformats.org/wiki/x2v#install

Tantek