[uf-discuss] [ANN] any23 v0.2 released

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 19 18:01:28 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Davide Palmisano <palmisano at fbk.eu> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are proud to announce a new release of any23 -- Anything to Triples.
>
>          http://developers.any23.org/

Davide, congratulations on your release!

> Any23 is a Java library that parses RDF from a variety of Web document
> formats. The currently supported input formats are RDFa, RDF/XML,
> Turtle, N3, N-Triples, and a number of Microformats.
> Any23 is an Open Source project originated from the code created
> within the Sindice project and now used both inside sindice and in
> related projects e.g. Sig.Ma
>
> Any23 comes with a handy command-line tool for parsing RDF and
> converting between formats.
>
> We have also set up a demo service where you can try any23 online and
> use a REST API to convert between different RDF formats, similar in
> spirit to triplr.org:
>
>          http://any23.org/
>
> The major new features in this release are:
>
> * Redesigned Java API
>   - Input from string, stream, file, or URI
>   - Allow choosing which extractors to use
>   - Report origin of triples (document/extractor) to client processors
>   - Various processors/serializers for extracted triples
> * Added flexible command-line tool for easy testing
> * Vastly improved website and documentation
> * Media type and encoding detection via Apache Tika
> * Switched RDF library from Jena to Sesame
> * Added Maven build
> * Better RDF extraction from Microformats

This is great to hear.

Tom Morris has already kindly added any23 to the parsers page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/parsers

Could you list the specific microformats that are parsed by any23?

And even better, feel free to add any23 to the *-implementations pages
of the microformats that it supports, e.g. if it supports hCard, add
it to:

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-implementations#Open_Source

> The following people have contributed to this release: Michele
> Mostarda and Davide Pamisano (FBK, Trento, Italy, Web of Data Unit
> (WED) ); Richard Cyganiak and Jürgen Umbrich (DERI, NUI Galway,
> Ireland); Michele Catasta (EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland), Giovanni
> Tummarello
>
> All the best,
> Davide Palmisano on behalf of the contributors

Thanks again for all your excellent work and for contributing to
bettering the interoperability of semantic data on the web.

Tantek

--
http://tantek.com/