This page lists libraries that consume, transform or convert microformats. This is only a partial list. If you know of other such tools for microformats, please add them and list what specific microformats they support. There is a separate page for validators.
Alphabetical listing by programming language:
These are modern and maintained microformats2 parsers and are suitable for use in modern web applications.
- PHP generic microformats2 parser
- G5/microformats2 Ruby microformats2 parser
- github open source: https://github.com/G5/microformats2
These are past parsers of classic microformats but which have largely not been maintained.
They may be useful as starting points for developing additional microformats2 parsers.
UfXtract is an open source .Net microformats parser. It can parse microformats from URLs or HTML strings. The extracted data can be used directly in .Net or converted into JSON, JSON-P or XML. Currently Supports 16 microformats and can easily be extended with new definitions.
- Any23 (Anything to Triples) parses microformats into RDF triples
- org.microformats.hCard by Reinier Zwitserloot
- Data::Microformat is a CPAN module to parse and create hCard, adr, and geo.
- By Brendan O'Connor / Six Apart
- RDF: RDF/XML, Turtle, N-Triples, RDF/JSON, etc.
- domain specific: vCard (3.0, 4.0 and XML), iCalendar, Atom, KML.
- By Toby Inkster.
Versions and releases notes:
- 2011-02-05 0.102
- 2010-12-22 0.101
- 2010-12-16 0.100
- 2010-10-18 0.00_13
- 2010-06-25 0.00_12
- 2010-06-23 0.00_11
- 2010-05-13 0.00_10
- 2010-05-12 0.00_09
- 2010-04-29 0.00_08
- 2010-04-28 0.00_07
- 2010-04-16 0.00_06
- 2010-04-16 0.00_05
- 2010-03-20 0.00_04
- 2010-03-09 0.00_03
- 2010-02-28 0.00_02
- 2010-02-24 0.00_01
- 2010-02-20 0.00_00
- see also the "Changes" file included in the CPAN distribution.
XML::Atom::Microformats provides the same functionality for Atom. It finds microformats in Atom entry content elements.
- Swignition is a parser for both “upper case Semantic Web” (RDF, RDFa) and “lower case semantic web” (microformats) technologies. It includes modules for exporting parsed data in a variety of formats, including RDF, vCard, iCalendar, Atom and KML.
- By Toby Inkster
- Active development has moved to HTML::Microformats (see above).
- Text::Microformat is a microformats parser hosted on Google Code that supports:
XMFP (eXtensible MicroFormats Parser for PHP 5) by Emiliano Martínez Luque is a set of PHP 5 classes providing a simple API for extracting Microformated Content either from a URI or a String representing HTML/XML. It can return the results as a PHP associative array, a JSON definition or an XML representation of the data. It supports most of the currently accepted microformats and can be easily extended to add new ones, it also has full support of the include pattern and provides basic validation of microformated data.
hKit Microformats Toolkit for PHP5
PHP Microformats parser
Microformats parser is a PHP package for extracting the microformats data embedded into HTML. The gathered data is stored as an xArray of objects - one for each microformat type container found. Announcement. The parser supports most of the hCard (missing SOUND), hCalendar, hReview (missing item info; spec really needs some clarification) and rel elements, according to their respective specification on microformats Wiki.
ARC2 is a semantic web toolkit which includes support for hCard, adr, geo, XFN, hCalendar, hAtom, hResume, hReview, xFolk, rel-license and rel-tag. It's tri-licensed under the GPL 2 and 3, and the W3C Software licence.
- AUMP is a parser written by David Janes. It supports hCard, hCalendar, hAtom, hReview and hListing.
- Microtron is a general-purpose microformat parser/transformer.
It can operate on the definition file included in Optimus, making it a close replacement for certain tasks, and can easily be extended with new formats without modifying the source. The primary advantages are speed (> 100x faster that Optimus for some operations), simplicity (single file) and small code size (currently < 150 lines).
python-hcalendar is a basic hCalendar parser.
mofo ruby microformats parser
Microformat Parser for Ruby
- Optimus is open source XSLT that parses microformats, converts them into JSON or XML, and validates them too.
editing this page
For now, this page copies (rather than moves) information from the existing Implementations page.