[uf-new] Currency Proposal (and Measurements)

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Thu Apr 26 11:45:47 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Emil Thies wrote:

> To come back to microformats, what If I have an Idea (like for
> measurements) and I did not find a real world example

I don't understand why we couldn't find real world examples of
measurements.  There are measurements published all over the web.  If
we're treating prices as measurements, it's difficult to find a web
page that isn't an example of monetary measurements.  Do you mean you
can't find examples of the specific markup you're proposing?  We
don't need examples of that.  We just need examples of the problem,
not the solution.  If we had examples of the solution, we'd be done
already.

> Do you get my intension?

I'm not sure.

> So what do you think about the approach to solve this by creating a
> measurement-design-pattern and to use this for creating the currency
> microformat?

I don't know.  I think it looks fine as an abstract idea, but how
would it work in real web pages?  We need to look at a lot of real
web pages to evaluate whether something will work on the real web.
It can be a lot of tedious work collecting and analyzing these
examples, but I don't see any viable alternative.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com