[uf-new] hMovie?

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:29:39 PDT 2007

On 7/19/07, Mary Hodder <mary at dabble.com> wrote:
> 1.  the example in the email yesterday gave a list of IMDB like types of
> metadata around video from that perspective, that few people other than
> IMDB publish online.  Most people to not put up a video they've made,
> either on their own blogs, or embedded from a hoster, and list all those
> categories of metadata around the video.
>
> 2.  most people (and hosters) tend to publish video and give a
> limited set of data:
> title
> description
> url
> tags
> duration
> other formats via url
> thumbnail
>
> of the 100 million videos online now, that is maybe 95%  if not more.
>
> Microformats are supposed to reflect what is actually in practice
> online,
> not what you want people to do that they don't do now.

That was my concern actually. I noticed by looking at the wiki that
all hVideo examples had only basic meta data that resemble mp3 idtag.
I personally don't want to force people into using a big bunch of meta
data like IMDB does but that is what I need for my website, so I'm
just asking if that would be possible or if that  would just be too
much information for a video microformat?