[uf-new] Microformat for expressing uncertainty?

Charlie microformats at charlie.okeefe.name
Tue Jul 31 12:17:08 PDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Charlie wrote:
> > So in other words, we're talking about uncertainty in more than one
> > dimension, as expressed by a covariance matrix.
>
> Hi Charlie - to work on this, you would have to demonstrate a number of
> places on the web that already publish information like this. How many
> websites out there publish numbers with associated covariance matrices?
>
> Microformats don't try and invent new ways of publishing information. If
> you can't find at least 10-20 examples of this happening on the web, you
> are going to have a very hard time asking the community to spend time to
> create the Microformat that you're proposing.
>
> Do you have some example websites that publish information such as what
> you describe?
>
> -- manu

I'm not sure how much of this kind of data might be published. I'm doing
this for internal use, and was only asking this list on the chance that
somebody else might have encountered it, and barring that, to get advice and
insight from the community on how to design a Microformat (or if I should
avoid that work, Semantic HTML vocabulary) in a way that complies with
standards and conventions. Even if nobody else has ever published anything
like this before, I'm still interested in doing it for the data I'm working
with.