[uf-new] Third attempt at hAudio

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:50:39 PDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Ideally, we would be using 'title' - why can't we do that, again?
> Because hcard uses it?

--- because the semantics of TITLE have already been defined as
something else. It is irrelevant that hCard uses it, the semantics are
not what you intend.

TITLE: Job title or functional position of the object.

http://microformats.org/wiki/classes

> When the proposal started out, as Martin pointed out in an earlier
> discussion, we started with 'work-title'.
>
> What are the arguments against using 'title'? The only one that I can
> think of is "hcard already uses it".

--- because the semantics of TITLE are already defined. Work-title
unnecessarily re-defines the semantics of FN and SUMAMRY so there is
no need for it.

Point 4 in the process[1] says you should be aware of microformats
naming principles when choosing names.

Please make yourself aware of the process. If we are going to get
through this proposal, you MUST read the process and understand it.
This means being aware of other microformats in general and what
properties they defined and how they impact your proposal as a whole.

There is also the archives of this thread where these were already discussed.

Tue May 8 13:20:56 PDT 2007,  Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
 came to the conclusion that 'work-title' was not needed, you can read
that discussion here:
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-May/000353.html

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/process