[uf-new] title vs. summary (was: Third attempt at hAudio)

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:08:24 PDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> TITLE: The distinguishing name of a book, poem, picture, piece of music,
>  job title, or functional position of an object or the like.
>
> This seems to address all of the concerns raised thus far:
>
> * It doesn't affect hcard, hcalendar, or any of the others.
> * It brings the definition more in line with the way the English
>   language defines it.
> * It frees up 'title' to be used in other Microformats.
>
> Thoughts?

--- the problem with updating the definition of TITLE then becomes in
a citation, book, or other reference such as audio, what happens when
you have an hCard with a title and a class="title" for the name of the
work? the issue becomes WHICH is the actual TITLE you intend? if you
begin to have two meaning for the same property and that property
appears twice in a format which is which?

Each of our properties should do it's best to have one and only one
semantic meaning.

-brian

--
brian suda