[uf-new] title vs. summary (was: Third attempt at hAudio)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jun 8 07:56:32 PDT 2007

Brian Suda wrote:
> --- the problem with updating the definition of TITLE then becomes in
> a citation, book, or other reference such as audio, what happens when
> you have an hCard with a title and a class="title" for the name of the
> work? the issue becomes WHICH is the actual TITLE you intend? if you
> begin to have two meaning for the same property and that property
> appears twice in a format which is which?

If I understand you correctly, this is what you are saying:

haudio
   title (this title is for the haudio)
   collaborator
      vcard
         fn
         title (this title is for the vcard)

You are stating that we don't want to do what is stated above. If we are
taking this rule to heart, then why didn't anybody argue against using
'fn' in haudio? To further illustrate my point:

haudio
   fn (this fn is for the haudio)
   collaborator
      vcard
         fn (this fn is for the vcard)
         title

Don't we already have this "problem" with hReview (among other uF drafts):

"I went down to have a drink at Chez Rasta, the new Jamaican place, with
Brian Suda the other week - here's how it went."
Item: Jamaican Chicken Pasta

      I went down to have a drink at Chez Rasta, the new Jamaican place,
      with
      the other week - here's how it went."
   Item: <div class="item">

hreview
   summary
      vcard
         fn (this fn is for the vcard)
   item
      fn (this fn is for the item)

Doesn't the above valid hReview markup break your rule as well? Is this
really a problem. As far as I can tell, it isn't a parsing problem. It
is clear which FN goes with which container in hReview, just like it
would be clear to a parser which TITLE goes with which container in haudio.