[uf-new] title vs. summary (was: Third attempt at hAudio)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jun 8 10:31:55 PDT 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> You know guys we DID have a discussion about the use of "title" in
> haudio I brought it up when I was trying to conceptualize what haudio
> would be...
>
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-May/000385.html
>
> ... now for some reason my concept was shouted down particularly by Manu
> and You (Scott), so I didn't push it because I thought my logic was
> wrong, I have spent the last two months trying to think of alternatives
> to my concept and try and fit it into how *YOU* all see haudio. now it
> turns out that you are all suggesting that I may have been on the right
> track in the first place?

I am definitely admitting that I was completely and utterly wrong about
the previous "title" discussion. Martin, you were clearly on the right
track back then as far as I am concerned.

My assumption was that the Microformats community had thought through
the selection of 'title' for hcard. I assumed discussion was off-limits
because I didn't understand some Microformat nuance.

It seems like there wasn't much thought put into how defining 'title' in
the way that it was would affect other Microformats (that didn't exist
yet). I am not trying to blame anybody for this. I probably would have
made the same mistake. I don't think this should be a discussion about
blame.

We should decide if we have a fundamental design problem with
Microformats. Following up in the thread Brian just posted to the
list... "Reusing class names in multiple formats".