[uf-new] div class for "service links"?

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Thu Jun 14 06:44:22 PDT 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 11:53 PM, D Chudnov wrote:

> They're all just service links,
> broadly defined, so imho we'd just need something that says that
> explicitly.

How do you publish these links on your own site(s)?

>> On the other hand, though I still don't think this would be worthy of
>> a microformat, it would be very useful (to me, at least) for someone
>> to document the markup patterns with these tools.
>
> This kind of mixed message is very confusing, and, frankly, a bit
> insulting.  Either it's interesting enough for people to think it's
> worth going through the process, or it's not.

I think Ryan was suggesting that you're free to use parts of the
microformats process (and indeed, documenting existing practices is a
faily obvious step) to push forward standards without any dependence
on the microformats community.  No one has a monopoly on HTML-based
standards.  Microformats are a means to an end; it's a mistake to
treat them as the end.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com