[uf-new] Book Review microformat - new or how to extend hreview

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:28:00 PST 2007

On 3/3/07, Benjamin Melançon <pwgdarchive at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for how to mark up a book review for the semantic web,
> or RDF, or microformat, or really anything that has some hope of being
> a standard and extending the usefulness of my review.

Great.  hreview is perfect for that.

> I'm posting here because I don't see how to do it with the hreview
> format in a way that will be a generally recognizable standard.

I'm not sure what you mean by "generally recognizable standard," but
have a look at <http://www.xfront.com/microformats/examples/hReview/example01/revised-review-Introduction-to-mathematics.html>
which is a real example of a book review encoded in hreview.  Also
check out <http://www.xfront.com/microformats/hReview.html>, which
shows you how to do so.

Is there any reason this won't work?  Generally, we try to actually
use pre-existing solutions before making new ones.

Thanks,
Ben West