[uf-new] ISBN, ISSN and the case for moving forward now

Benjamin Melançon pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:38:59 PST 2007

On 3/18/07, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> >Is there an ISBN lookup service?
>
> If you want to enter an ISBN and find the title and author, etc., then
> you can use the Wikipedia service in my original post.

Thanks-- I'd missed that.  But what I don't find there is a service
that provides author, publisher, etc in XML markup or any API that
software could use to fill in the blanks (I review a book in a
CMS-backed web site, put in the ISBN, and the title and all are
displayed right there).  From my perspective then I still need
microformat best practices for describing all parts of an edition of a
book, including number of pages etc., some of which I've listed
before.

And I'm still not sure if an hcite should be embedded in an hreview or
referenced in an hreview and how.

- ben