[uf-new] feedback wanted on property listing microformat

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:05:02 PST 2007

On 3/19/07, Michael Biven <michael.biven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I've started working with a MLS (Multiple List Service) / IDX
> (Internet Data Exchange) system and after seeing the many differences
> in these systems across the U.S. I think that this is a problem that a
> microformat could solve and improve how people work with the data.

specifically, what is it about hListing that does not cover houses?

can you give specific listing so we can examine it with hListing and
see what is missing? then we can walk through it and see if other
microformats cover those areas NOT addressed by hListing.

I've spent my fair share of time playing with MLS data to know that
Bathroom count and Room count are all just a FRACTION of what comes
out of the database, at some point a microformats will ONLY address
the common aspects each listing and not necessarily the complete
profile.

-brian

--
brian suda