[uf-new] Re: hAtom is not a silver bullet

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu May 24 12:21:05 PDT 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> David Janes wrote:
>> However, your characterization of hAtom as having a "syndication"
>> background / being some sort of syndication format is wrong
>
> I'm sure I am being dense... but I thought Atom was all about
> syndication? Perhaps we have different definitions of what
> "syndication"
> means?

hAtom is just semantics. You can do with them whatever you want. For
most this is subscribing. For other's it's "put it in a database and
make it searchable"

Just because a format was developed with a certain set of use cases
in mind doesn't mean that the semantics wouldn't be useful in other
use cases.

-ryan