[uf-new] [hAudio] fn _or_ album

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 20:05:57 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 21:09 -0600, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2007, at 8:49 PM, Julian Stahnke wrote:

> > No, that’d be a track.
>

> That would be an audio recording.  It may be a track, or an album, or
> something else entirely, but there's not enough information in the
> markup to determine anything more than it's an audio recording.

Wasn't there a discussion some time back on WHY we shouldn't clobber the
fn attribute ie: "existing uf's are scopless", and It will cause issues
with existing uF's, and a "superfluous 'fn' detected"
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-June/000575.html

David Janes also pointed out that:
"..."fn" isn't available for use (unless "item" or similar is injected,
as
mentioned earlier in this thread)"
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-June/000576.html

this  means that if "fn" exists in a class on its own then it must be
wrapped in "item" or some similar mechanism eg:

hence the decision was to use "audio-title" as this wouldn't interfere
with existing uF's and make the "audio-title" class name directly
attributed as the main hAudio title and wouldn't need heavy markup like
the above?

the decision to use "fn album" causes concern for me and is unclear, I
understand that hAudio uses this mechanism to suggest fn hAudio type
seems a bit rushed and I don't think that this proposal warranted an
adoption from "audio-title" but it seems every one supported it, so
there you go as far as I can see we created a new microformat "album"
instead of "audio-title". Does this also mean that all haudio must be
regarded as an album? how do we state otherwise?

Anyway Scott I don't think that anyone exactly agrees with me on the
list, so disregard the above :) just my 2 pence worth.