[uf-new] item property (was: hAudio: audio-title/album-title vs. recording/album)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 15:09:25 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 21:31 +0100, Julian Stahnke wrote:
> > Anyway there is only Me at the moment supporting using *item*
> > instead of
> > a new microformat *track*
>
> Nope, I too think item would be better. Maybe, if it is too
> meaningless, together with haudio à la <span class="item haudio">. I
> don’t know enough about item to say if just item is enough, but I
> think it even may be. Then again, if we could use item in such a way
> that we could say ‘if it is haudio, look for properties in child
> nodes, otherwise use the content of item’, that’d be potentially nice
> as well.

Thank you Julian i will take that as another vote FOR using *item*
instead of a new proposed microformat *track*

I think track is a too powerful a class name to be immediately used in
hAudio at the first opportunity we get

Track has a vast amount of meaning outside of hAudio, not many of which
mean the same thing.

http://www.answers.com/track&r=67

If we define track now in hAudio we will be stuck with it
then potentially we will have the same problems as we do with the title
property in hCard

Thanks

Martin