[uf-new] Recipe proposal

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:11:45 PDT 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Charles Iliya Krempeaux
<supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> - The use of the HTML entity &frac12; to mean "one half" -- to mean
> 1/2.  There's other HTML entities that are similar to this too.  Like
> &frac14; and &frac34;

Another note.  Some people use the "&frasl;" HTML entity to make
fractions.  I.e., the "Fraction Slash" HTML entity.  (Which could be
specified as "&#8260;" too... and its other formats.)

As in...

1&frasl;2

(Which means "one half".)

Some use the <sup> and <sub> elements to make it look more like a
fraction.  As in...

Note that the "Fraction Slash" is more horizontal than the "Slash"
character (/).  So.... they are different things.  Traditionally, the
"Fraction Slash" is called the "Solidus".  (Although I think UNICODE
doesn't do this for some reason I don't know.)

See ya

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
http://ChangeLog.ca/