[uf-new] Microformats for Slide Show/Presentations - hShow, hSlide - State-of-the-Art?

Gerald Bauer geraldbauer2007 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:29:48 PST 2008

Hello,

   I've recently developed a Ruby gem called - surprise, surprise -
Slide Show (S9) [1] - that's a free alternative to PowerPoint and
KeyNote and let's you create slide shows and author slides in plain
text using a wiki-style markup language that's easy-to-write and
easy-to-read.

   Anyways, the HTML generated by the Ruby gem is compatible with the
Opera Show Format and the FullerScreen Firefox Addon and close but not
yet compatible with S5. Over the next couple of weeks I plan to
document the format used by Slide Show (S9) and, thus, I wonder if
anyone else is working on a Microformat for slide shows/presentations
such as hShow, hSlide or similar.

   Any points to existing work is appreciated.

   For some ideas about the Microformat here's a basic structure
proposal using semantic markup:

    presentation (
        layout ( footer, header, background ),
        slide ( step*, notes  )* )